Melissa J. Parker
- Extensive work in all areas of debt collections, including trade receivables, notes receivables, obtaining judgments and prosecuting post-judgment collection actions.
- Advising contractors and subcontractors in collecting debts, filing liens and all types of bond issues.
- Representation of judgment holders post-judgment collections efforts like writs of execution, post-judgment discovery, post-judgment garnishment actions, motions for contempt, receiverships, etc.
- Prosecute post-judgment fraudulent transfer actions.
- Representation of consumers with Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims.
- Representation of clients with federal ERISA claims.
- Appears in all courts in Texas, including Justice Court, Probate Court, County Court at Law, District Court, Federal Court, etc. Additionally, represents clients in Arbitration proceedings, including AAA, JAMS and FINRA.
- Representation of creditors in bankruptcy matters.
- Extensive work on Landlord (Residential and Commercial)/Tenant (Commercial only) matters.
- Representation of clients in resolving issues regarding vehicle titles.
- Representation of clients in construction defect cases.
Assisted in representing clients in appellate matters as follows:
- The interpretation of the Uniform Commercial code.
- The improper garnishment of wages (representing the debtor).
- The improper denial by a court of default judgments.